Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does Aviana make you think Avian flu, Evian water, Aviation....???

I go back and forth whether I love it or it makes me think of one of the above. I guess if I have days it makes me think of the Avian flu I should mark it off the list for good Does anyone else automatically think Avian Flu, Evian water etc or is it usable?

I have to admit it kind of does. I still think it's pretty enough, and probably ultimately useable, but I do think Ariana or Ava are pretty and similar and much less problematic. Good luck!

Yeah, I think I marked it off and said if we go Aviana lets just suck it up and go Ava. And then I found out my son had 3 Ava's in the preschool class above his and marked that one off. I think it's a gonner

Yes, Ava may be #1 right now, it's certainly close, and I understand if that's a concern. However I do think there's no guarantee she'll share it, and she could possibly share a rarer name. I grew up as a Jessica in the 80s and 90s and never had a classmate with my name! (And popular names were used by more children in those days). You could always use Avie as a nn and that might keep her a bit more distinct.

Still, maybe the bigger concern is that you don't like Ava as much Aviana. And I will repeat I don't think Aviana's word overlap is a huge problem, but I do think it could be a little problem (especially if you always think of Avian flu - to me that's the bigger concern than what anyone else thinks!) What do you think of Ariana? Eva? Avery? Liliana? Eve-Anna? Those are just a few with a similar feel without the word overlap.

I don't like the short A sound combined with an R so Ariana I don't like (which is weird b/c Arabella is on my list but I like it said Air-ah-bella). Like Eva and Lilliana both on my list but I think I prefer Lillia to Lilliana just scared of the Lily factor being so popular. Avery to me is to masculine. I did have this baby named Ava-Marie for like 3 days but my husband is not a fan of double barrell. Those are great suggestions...you hit 2 nails on the head with Eva, and Lilliana And I was a Jennifer in the 80's hence my fear of Ava!!!! I mean I was always "Jen K" b/c I was always at least 1 of 3-5 in EVERY SINGLE class!