Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Khalil?

Khalil?

I *really* like this name, but is it too ethnic, seeing as I'm not Arabic at all? And what are some general opinions on it?
    Tegan, Umbrielle, Hadley, Isla, Nightingale, Mallory, Tuesday, Pascal, Concordia, Annabelinda, Marilyn, Maelie

I much prefer Khalid (kah-leed), which means eternal/immortal. Though both seem very Arabic to me and if I saw the name I would assume the owner was Arabic.

Though if you truly love it, that shouldn't put you off.
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas | Alfred | Rupert

Trudy | Marceline | Ramona | Cicely | Winifred

Khalil is probably my favourite Arabic name. I love it for its literary connection (Khalil Gibran is one of my favourite poets). I don't think I would use it because I don't have any Arab or Muslim ancestry but that doesn't stop me from loving the name.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

It reminds me of Kal-El aka Superman! However, It is a very strong Arabic name and I think it would be unusual to use it if you are not of that descent. If you lie it though, go for it!
    Name lover & Engaged to a wonderful man

Lilith - Vesper - Francesca - Tiffany - Lark - Viola - Naomi - Eloise - Layla - Amy - Phoebe - Freya
    Zachary - Alexander - Tristan - George - Axel - Dominic - Loki - Malachi- Rowan - Harvey - Griffin - Briar

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/

It's a name I've always admired, and Gibran is one of my favorite poets. I'd personally only use it in the middle since I don't have a drop of Arabic blood in me, and I don't love it enough to make that not matter. So I wouldn't let race or nationality stop you if you feel very strongly about the name.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Polaris Fae ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Khione Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander