Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Smith

I like it! I remember that a Christian singer used that exact combo a while back--I think it was Bebo Norman? That might not mean anything to you, haha; I just remember seeing it already. Just means it's a good combo!

As for using Smith... I like it, as a FN, especially since it was my grandfather's surname (he had no real FN or MN, just two initials, so he was either L.B. or he was Smitty). I think the nn Smitty is super cute and I love the idea of using it in honor of my grandparents. However, I don't really like it as a MN (too surnamey, imo--something like Everett Smith Richmond sounds like a double-barrel surname with no MN instead of a whole combo), and I don't love it enough to use it as a FN. If I found the right combo I MIGHT use it as a second MN, something like Charles Elliot Smith [Surname] or something. Although I don't like that combo very much so I wouldn't use it. haha. But I would love to see someone else with a little Smith! I also know of someone else who used Smith Elisha--I thought that was a pretty cool combo, too.
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

Thanks for all of the feedback. I hadn't considered Smitty as the nn though I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing though I think Smith seems short enough where not sure Smitty would be inevitable but perhaps. I do think Smith is a handsome name personally and although I like North it just doesn't give me the same feeling but thank you so much for the suggestion. I am not currently pregnant but hope to be in the next couple of years and as a name nerd I am always thinking I'm sure you all understand! My other children are Edie and Isaac

Love it!!!!
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

it will always remind me of Smith from Sex and theCity..Samantha made that name up by the way. I knew a cat named Smith. Unless it is a family surname with some meaning, I think it is ridiculous.

Yes, I am aware of Sex and the City but the name isn't exclusive to that show (as clearly Samantha didn't make up that name) or, to a cat that you happen to know but I did ask so thanks for the feedback...