Names Searched Right Now:

Recent horrific spellings from hospital birth list

I don't know why--but it seems that the area of the country that I live in likes to butcher names with a vengeance. Here are a few from 2013 that are especially horrific:

Jewel-Leigh (Julie)
    Aroyoll (Ariel)
    Zepplyn (girl)
    Khylan (boy)
    Sydnee (girl)
    Devlynn (girl)
    Ferhyn (girl)
    Waverlee
    Massiah (boy)
    Dezaree

I don't think it's just your part of the world. It seems that kre8tiv spellings have spread like a plague across the land.
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

What I find interesting is that a lot of the mothers also have kre8tiv spellings also. I think the conventional wisdom is that the kid's will suffer and not thank their parents for the horrible spellings, but in my job, I've dealt with a lot of families where the moms had a horribly spelled name too, and chose to do the same to their kid!
    http://geeknames.blogspot.com/
    My favorites right now:
    Girls: Alena, Anya, Emme, Fable, Gwyneth, Thalia, Thora, Vaiva
    Boys: August, Bodhi, Blake, Declan, Eamon, Fergus, Finch, Rory

Quote Originally Posted by penguin View Post
    What I find interesting is that a lot of the mothers also have kre8tiv spellings also. I think the conventional wisdom is that the kid's will suffer and not thank their parents for the horrible spellings, but in my job, I've dealt with a lot of families where the moms had a horribly spelled name too, and chose to do the same to their kid!
    I've found this to be true, as well. I know of a Tylar (female, pn ty-lar, like Lara Bar) and named he daughter Spencer. I also have a friend named Kristyn and recently named her son Maysin.

I've never been a fan of kre8tiv spelling of names. I feel bad for the kids who have to go to school with those names!
    I would hate to have to explain how to spell or pronounce my name. Luckily my parents gave my siblings and I normal names
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle