Names Searched Right Now:

Funny name anecdote from TLC's "A Baby Story"

Ok, so the Williams family. Adorable couple living in Chicago. Mom is beyond cute, blonde, bubbly, just adorable. And they have a 15 month old girl who is ditto - just, like, walking cuteness. Her name is Delainey. It ughed me out, tbh, I'm not into the surname thing.

But anyway, you get to meet the extended fam, and Mom's mom - Grandma - in her 60s but just as spritely and perky and blonde and adorable as Mom. "I can't wait to meet my 18th grandbaby," she says.

Everybody wants to know the name, but Mom and Dad won't tell. "People are so funny about names," they say, politely. And they don't know the gender yet.

Well, Grandma's in the delivery room when the newest one pops out. "It's a girl!" Everyone is so happy, and as they're laying the baby girl on mama's tummy and Mom and Dad are crying, Dad says, "Penelope!" And Grandma, right in the midst of all that says - politely! - "Penelope?! When did we decide that?"

It was just hilarious to me, as someone who thinks about names a lot. "When did we decide that?" is polite person speak for "That is effing horrendous." For her to say that, in her sweet perky grandma voice, right at the birth... Aw, man. No wonder Mom and Dad didn't wanna talk about names.
    Last edited by missusaytch; February 9th, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Boy Combos: Jack Gabriel Walker & Jonah Michael Whittaker
    David . Alexander (Andy) . Xavier . Abel . Edgar . Apollo . Thomas . Harry . Walter . Frederick

Girl Combos: Clementine Mary Theresa . Cecelia Rose Elizabeth
    Gemma . Beatrice . Vesper . Stella . Claire . Diana . Gloria . Rosemary . Winter . Georgia . Grace . Judith . Corinne

Haha Thanks for sharing. This made me laugh, especially since Penelope is my favorite!
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*