Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Arabic, Persian, and African name suggestions please!

A childhood friend of mine is currently around 7 and half months pregnant with her first baby.
    She's of Caribbean heritage, Muslim, and lived in Iran for 16 years so speaks Persian, and is a Canadian citizen with perfect English. So she's got a lovely range of names to tap into.

She's pretty sure it's a boy, based on an undesired comment by her doctor during an ultrasound. She's designated me as the resident name searcher, so I come to you for assistance.

She hadn't starting looking at all really until now, and I can't recall any boys names she particularly had an interest in. I do think she was a fan of the Hebrew version of Nathaniel, which is something like Natanieel.
    And she'd like to use an African name in the middle, she has no interest in it being day specific though, as in "born on Sunday" type of names.

I'd greatly appreciate some name suggestion of Arabic, Persian, and African backgrounds.
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto

Altair ("the flyer")
    Anwar ("brighter")
    Habib ("beloved", "darling")
    Ilyas ("my God is Yahweh")
    Jinan ("garden/paradise)
    Mazin ("rain clouds")
    Mirza ("prince")
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Altair ("the flyer")
    Anwar ("brighter")
    Habib ("beloved", "darling")
    Ilyas ("my God is Yahweh")
    Jinan ("garden/paradise)
    Mazin ("rain clouds")
    Mirza ("prince")
    I love Ilyas! Thank you.

Baraz
    Javed
    Kaveh
    Reza
    Adnan
    Ali
    Omar
    Bahadur
    Faris

African Middle Names (as per behindthename.com) that I like a lot:

Ekene - "praise" in Igbo
    Adisa - "one who is clear" in Yoruba
    Ayodele - "joy has come home" in Yoruba
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie