Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Am I ever going to love a boy name? NOT convinced!

Ok so let's face it, I just dont love boy names?! I can't find one that Im crazy over! I have had a few that I like but they either fade away or something happens that means I cant use it.
    I have liked:
    1.Knox (my maiden name but it get way too popular, sad!)
    2.Archer (my mom's maiden name. I want to use this but bro called "dibs" its my mom's maiden name and his middle name)
    3.Tennessee ( I love this but we live in TN so people think it's too much, plus not sure hubby is brave enough)
    4.Tennyson (was a compromise for Tennessee and the love for it comes and goes- plus hubby and his bravery is still in question)
    5.McCoy (I liked it for the strong edginess but I think Im just so desperate to like a name idk what I like anymore)
    6.Nash (it just wore off)
    7. I forgot to mention I've had a recent fascinatin for Penn and Ford because I like word names but don't have the courage to bring it up to hubby

I like color names (but LN is color so cant use them) I like animal names, I like tough/edgy names, anything unique but not crazy.

Any suggestions?!
    Last edited by lindseywhite03; February 8th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

I never loved a boy name til Josiah. I feel your pain. I don't know what to tell you. I had heard Josiah before but one day jus saw it in a new light. Maybe the same thing will happen to you. Boys names are hard!

Right now I am starting to maybe love Alexander. It'a popular but not trendy. It just can't go out of style, and it's length and that weird x in the middle make it sound daring and kind of aggressive despite how stately and regal it is. It really is the name of a conqueror. Unfortunately I have yet to find a short form I like half as much as Alexander, and a name that long WILL get shortened.

Maybe you just need to take a closer look at names you already know. I tend to feel more strongly about names one way or another if I know some of their history. Behind the Name dot com is good for that.

Suggestions:

Zebadiah "Zeb"
    Augustus "Gus"
    Nolan
    Ezekiel "Zeke"
    Faber
    Phelan (FAY-len)
    Thane
    Hamish
    Lorcan
    Severin
    Ewan
    Abel
    Angus
    Heathcliff "Heath"
    Arthur
    Last edited by missusaytch; February 8th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Margot . Elizabeth . Nadia . Grace . Emerald

Hm. I like more girls' names than boys' names too, but I have managed to find some that I love. Your names make me think of...

Crosby
    Teal
    Steele
    Roy (Royal)
    Dex
    Arthur
    Bealer
    Porter
    Dennison
    Phineas
    Nicolai (NICK-o-lye)
    Lane
    Gage

Have you considered Nashua with the nn Nash? And I love Archer, especially with the family significance. I also love Tennyson and McCoy- you've got great taste! Some to consider:
    Ray/Rayner
    Cal, Callum, Calloway, or Calvin
    Jack
    Makai
    Luke/Lucas
    Porter
    Jameson
    Wilson
    West, Weston, Wesley, North, or Easton
    Emmett
    Jude
    Hayes
    Keats
    Coleman
    Blaise
    Cairo
    Flynn
    Zeke
    Mack
    Dash/Dashiell
    Mercer
    Duff
    Lennon
    Casimir
    Hal/Hank/Henry
    Charlie
    Bo/Bodhi

Daisy you are hitting some of my likes for sure!
    Luke is my brothers name with the claim on archer
    Keats is cool but not my husbands style
    I liked Charlie but my cousin used it
    Dash is in my list
    I like beaux and Boone but husband wasn't a huge fan
    Lennon is in my list (nice mash up of me and husbands names Lindsey and Brandon)
    Also like Lennox but may be a bit too trendy
    Hayes has been in and off my list so has mercer
    And as for Flynn I liked Finn but it is gaining in popularity around here

But none of them just scream that's THE one! I guess I'd say for now Tennyson is my top runner but husband thinks its strange... Still wishing for archer (though I'm not sure if part of the appeal is my inability to use it?)
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop