Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    This thread has amazed and disappointed me. I think being offended is a choice, a negative choice.

I am commenting on this as someone who doesn't live in America where most of the posters I assume live and the culture that I live in appears to be totally different.

First up someone said 'everyone knows what trashy white names are" or something similar.

Can I point out that in our country we don't have that mentality and it has shocked me to see this kind of thinking.

I for one not being an American citizen can only assume what you mean by trashy white names.

At the end of the day from whatever sector of society you feel aligned with, everyone can be a lady with excellent manners and tolerant and loving attitudes, that is a choice not something thrust upon you from where you were born and they are most desirable traits. It does not take money (which seems to be the benchmark by which one is measured) to have good attitudes towards others in the world.

As someone who has been around for a long time I have noticed that women often have an inability to laugh at themselves, to see the funny side of a situation, rather they choose to be 'offended', how sad, that is not the best way to live.

So girls and women of the world choose the higher altitudes in human relationships, take time to laugh, to sing, to love the people of the world, dance and break away from the seriousness of everything and start looking for the good around us and making a good contribution to your little corner of the world. Please.

rollo
    I love this. Excellent post.

I think the OP needs to venture to other areas of the internet before she starts making claims of offense. Nameberry is one of the most accepting communities you will find. Take a look at some comments on Facebook once in awhile, you'll remember what being offended feels like.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    This thread has amazed and disappointed me. I think being offended is a choice, a negative choice.

I am commenting on this as someone who doesn't live in America where most of the posters I assume live and the culture that I live in appears to be totally different.

First up someone said 'everyone knows what trashy white names are" or something similar.

Can I point out that in our country we don't have that mentality and it has shocked me to see this kind of thinking.

I for one not being an American citizen can only assume what you mean by trashy white names.

At the end of the day from whatever sector of society you feel aligned with, everyone can be a lady with excellent manners and tolerant and loving attitudes, that is a choice not something thrust upon you from where you were born and they are most desirable traits. It does not take money (which seems to be the benchmark by which one is measured) to have good attitudes towards others in the world.

As someone who has been around for a long time I have noticed that women often have an inability to laugh at themselves, to see the funny side of a situation, rather they choose to be 'offended', how sad, that is not the best way to live.

So girls and women of the world choose the higher altitudes in human relationships, take time to laugh, to sing, to love the people of the world, dance and break away from the seriousness of everything and start looking for the good around us and making a good contribution to your little corner of the world. Please.

rollo
    I love this post! well said.
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

I agree with most of the other posters that some people are determined to be offended about some subjects. It was a blog.....on names....hello! Its a name website and didn't seem remotely racist. Maple must have a fantastic life if this is all she has to complain about.