Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need a new list! What would you name Gareth's sister?

So, Niamh has been my favourite girl's name forever. It holds a lot of personal meaning for me, besides the fact that I love it. DH isn't as crazy about it, but he used to be okay with using it because it meant so much to me. Today, he told me he just doesn't really like it that much at all. I don't want to use a name that he doesn't love, but I don't want to settle for a name I don't love either, sooooo I need help getting together a new list.

Other names I love that he hates include Demi, Demelza, Briony, Bianca, Rhiannon, Linnea, Lara, and Larissa. One name on my list he does like is Rowena- doesn't love it, but likes it all right. Some names he likes include Calliope, Rosalind, Freya, and Meredith.

We already have a son named Gareth. We like names that are well established as first names (no word names, surnames, etc), bonus if they have some kind of literary/mythological/historical connection.
    Gareth: 05.2012
    Baby #2 04.2014

I like Linnea and Rosalind with Gareth.

Suggestions:

Augusta
    Adelaide
    Athena
    Muriel
    Orla
    Brenna
    Illyria
    Maren
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold/Ottilie Amina*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

As an alternative to Rosalind, what about the more unique, very historic Rosamund? I think it's would go so well with Gareth (which I also love).

I don't think the other names you mentioned work well with Gareth, except for Rhiannon and Rowena - which have the same vibe. Some others that have a similar feel - like Welsh/mythological-ish/British Isles - include

Bronwen
    Guinevere
    Morgan(a)
    Catrin
    Fiona (ooh, I love Fiona + Gareth!)
    Gwendolen
    Meredith
    Rhonwen
    Winifred.
    And of course, Niamh.
    Current Favorites

Adeline, Annabel, Cecily, Clara, Clementine, Cressida, Daphne, Eliza, Flora, Georgiana, Gemma, Hyacinth, Isa, Imogen, Juliet, Lila, Livia, Matilda, Ophelia, Persephone, Sabrina, Tamsin, Verona, Violet

Alastair, Asher, Callum, Caleb, Colin, Dorian, Felix, Florian, Gavin, Hallam, Inigo, Julian, Lionel, Marius, Nigel, Noel, Oliver, Raphael, Sebastian, Silas

Current furry children: Clover, Snowshoe, Avalon, Puck, Panda, Winona

Expecting a [tbd] c. August 19, 2013!!

I like the suggestion of Rosamund so count me as 2x on that. I liked a number of your banned names, especially Briony (though I'd spell it Bryony), Rhiannon, and Niamh.

Other ideas with a Welsh/Gaelic/Arthurian feel:
    Angharad
    Vivien
    Sabrina
    Morgana
    Isolde or Iseult
    Imogen
    Sinead
    Siasmin
    Gwyneira
    Gwendolen
    Tegan or Tegwen

I'd fond of most of the Welsh -wen names as well, especially: Anwen, Branwen, Lilwen, and Rhoswen.

First I want to congratulate you on the choice of Gareth. Wow. Second, what about:

Elaine
    Bryn
    Cordelia
    Juliet
    Bronwen
    Cassandra
    Aurora
    Cassia
    Junia
    Penelope (although I assume you've considered this if you have Calliope up there)
    Diana
    Artemis
    Olivia
    Hermione
    Echo
    Daphne
    Fiona
    Dorian
    Ione
    Tamsin
    Beatrice
    Miranda
    Viola

This is really fun, so please come back and tell us how things are going.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold