Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Nah, I don't see any problems with it. Kids are called anything and everything! Montague is super cool and handsome, more a name to be admired than ridiculed. But of course, it depends on where you live and what kind of school you'll send your child to.

Edit: ...and I agree with the above, wrote this while Bladey posted...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I really like it
    Baby #1 Due July 3, 2013

It's a BOY: Jon Clifford Langhorne L--

I quite love the idea of a little Montague Swift running around! I've always wondered about the teasability of Montague as well, but I find it less pretentious (and overrated) than the more popular Juliet and Romeo. It's been a while since I've read Romeo and Juliet, so I'm not sure how much I'd like the association of Montague, but I do think it's a very cool name and I'd love having a name that came from Shakespeare! I agree with @blade--if the kids around you have names like Olive, Dashiell, Jules, and Sequoia, I think little Montague would have no problem at all.

Just want to warn you, when I first read the play, I said this name "Mon-tog." The pronunciation is not intuitive. But other than that, it's fine. A little bit prep, but fine.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Montague is ok .....Montgomery is nicer .