Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I love Adela, Hedwig, Ingrid, Josefa and Zita.
    A lot of the names sound Austrian/German to me.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I know many Jacintas and Irenes.

I've known a Flavia who was soooo pretty.

My family isn't Catholic and never has been, but it had several Idas born in the 19th C. Do you think Ida could come back? And one of my own names is Josefa/Yosefa (no hard J)

Iphigenia is kind of awesome. Dunno if I'd be brave enough to use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    I know many Jacintas and Irenes.

I've known a Flavia who was soooo pretty.

My family isn't Catholic and never has been, but it had several Idas born in the 19th C. Do you think Ida could come back? And one of my own names is Josefa/Yosefa (no hard J)

Iphigenia is kind of awesome. Dunno if I'd be brave enough to use it though.

I think that with things like Ava and Eva becoming more popular, Ida might be able to make a comeback, at least in a small way. I've seen Ada and Elsa around quite a few times over the past few years, I don't see why Ida couldn't come back.....not to mention it's similar sound to Isla, that's points in it's favor, too.

Glad y'all enjoyed it. And you're right, a few of these like Ingrid and Lea don't really belong. Mea culpa!

I think Ida could come back.

Funny story re: Ida. When I was born my paternal grandmother, whose name is Ida, arrived at the hospital, and my maternal grandmother, Marge, played a little joke on her. "Did you hear?" Marge said to Ida. "They've named the baby after us: Ida Marge!" Whereupon Ida promptly... fainted. :-) When she came to they told her my name was actually Marla Kristen. That story still gets told at every holiday and gathering. And she still recalls the horror at thinking her poor granddaughter was named Ida.

Funny how times change. Today it is perfectly plausible for a baby girl, and Marla Kristen sounds dated.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Margot . Elizabeth . Nadia . Grace . Emerald

I actually know two girls named Alodia and Cinnia. I like Arilda, Iraya and Zaina. They're unusual, but I'm loving the saint connection.