Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Name for A Male Witch

I have an idea for another book series (shock). The central character is a 16 or 17 year old male witch. He has slightly wavy auburn hair and light brown eyes. He has a slender and lean figure and is six feet tall. Because he was raised by his strong-willed feminist witch mother and watched over by two fiercely independent older witch sisters (father died when he was a young boy), he has a lot of respect towards women and girls, who consider him the classic, charming, chivalrous gentleman, though not exactly a player or a ladies man. In his mother's family, he is the first boy to have been born in generations, and because his mothers family, the Blakes, are such a powerful witch family, he has his pick of some of the prettiest witches he has ever seen.

I am having a hard time picking the right name for this one. Something cool, yet boyish, or a colonial or Puritan name even. Or just something that sounds good with his last name: Blake.

To give you an idea: as of now, I've picked his mother's name to be Evelyn Blake, his older sisters Constance Blake and Alice Blake, and his grandmother Lois Blake.

Enjoy! Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    I think the male equivalent of a witch is a warlock.
    Eli
    George
    Lucas
    Roman
    Delaiah
    Alvin
    Lawrence
    Asa
    Henry
    Nathaniel
    Sylvester
    Desmond
    Delilah CelesteAveline Ruth Winter FaySilas Alaric Fabian Seth Lucian Ezra

Archetypal name-obsessed teenager here. Avatar is the blue knight from Castle Crashers, a game produced by The Behemoth. Credit goes to their artist/s.

Sounds like a very cool concept! My interest is peaked.

Elijah / Elisha / Elias "Eli"
    Matthias
    Sylvan
    Foster
    Prosper
    Arthur
    Samuel
    Anson
    Adam
    Boaz
    Josias
    Ephraim
    Calvin
    Thatcher
    Ira

Atticus, maybe? Or Sean? Or Thatcher?
    And I think that Amberdaydream is right....wouldn't he be called a warlock, or perhaps a wizard?

HermioneCassiaRosalieSofiaKatarinaKiona
    LeoMatthiasEspenBennettAvery

On the warlock thing, I've heard the male version be called any of those names, including a male witch. It's really the author's choice. It sounds like, if a male were that rare, that maybe the female witches wouldn't have bothered to come up with a different name for them? Either way, I like the idea

Anyway, names:

Blaine
    August
    Sage
    Calloway
    Leo

Sorry, not so good at that. I did like Desmond, Matthias, Calvin, Atticus, and Sean from above though. Good luck
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Girls: Seraphine, Kristabel, Magdalena, Shiloh, Opal, Jobie, Calla, Seeley, Noelle, Mara, Lucille

Boys: Robin, Gabriel, Mackenzie, Nash, Phillip, Raphael, Edmund, Abraham, Lewis, Pierce, Link

Current Crushes: Mackie and Devlin