Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post
    So I have just started thinking about another baby - which is just unbelievable as it feels like I was just on here discussing Maple! Can't believe it's been 13 months. I know this is premature as I am not pregnant, but I don't want to be in the hospital for 3 days with a nameless baby this time around. I made a list of boys and girls names and would love any opinions and additions.

I like names like Maple - unusual, but not made up or hard to pronounce and I seem to lean towards nature names.

I have some major family names on the list - Gray, Penelope, and Harrison. Henry is my husband's name, although he goes by Hal. I like Gray in the middle spot as it goes with Violet (Maple's middle name), but I don't want people to think it's after Christian Gray!

Girls: Penelope, Clover, Hazel, Ivy, Pearl, Daphne, Cecily, Felicity, Lucy, Daisy, Florence, Iris. (no particular order)

Boys: Henry, Riley, Rex, Carson, Maxwell, Harrison. I kind of like Denver because I grew up in Colorado, but maybe it's too strange.

Thank you!

My suggestions are:
    Hazel Penelope
    Clover Daphne
    Cecily Pearl
    Daphne Grey
    Ivy Florence

Henry Colorado
    Rex Carson
    Harrison Riley
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

Before I even read your considering names I was thinking of Hazel or Clover
    Maybe spell it like Grey? I think it looks prettier with an e, yet your still honouring your family name because it sounds exactly the same!
    I like the name Penny too, which is sort of like Penelope.

Names like Clover, Hazel, and Ruby feel like obvious companions to Maple.

For boys, I like Riley, Harrison, and Henry. And Denver is one of the few place names that doesn't grate on me (I like Dallas as well).

I second someone's Harrison Riley suggestion. I also like Henry Maxwell or Henry Gray.
    Riley Carson
    Rex Henry
    I was going to suggest the Rex Harrison combination, and then I realized that felt "right" because I was thinking of the actor.

For girls, in addition to the ones above, I like Daphne, Lucy, Florence, and Ivy. Pearl feels like it would make a great middle name combination with one of those. And I love Daphne Gray.

And you've received some other fantastic suggestions:

Sage
    Scarlett
    Piper
    Harriet
    Beatrice
    Wren
    Claudia

Theo
    Cyrus
    Huxley
    Silas
    Felix

-Gray works so well as a middle name for a lot of these, especially Harriet, Beatrice, and most of the boys' names (Scarlett Gray poses a color conflict problem).

I'd also add Winter. Winter Penelope.
    Magnolia
    Lavender
    Indigo
    Laurel
    Myrna
    Greta
    Frances
    Winifred
    Opal
    Primrose
    Sybil

Willow's lovely, but you said you were looking for unusual, so that won't work; Aspen would probably be too trendy for you too...but if Riley's popularity hasn't dulled its charm for you, then maybe one of these could still hold appeal.

Boys:
    Flint
    Montgomery/Monty
    Heath
    Huckleberry/Huck
    Clifton
    Fritz
    Joss
    Chester
    Grant
    Ford
    Cliff
    Linus
    Forrest/Forest (too nature-y?)
    Milton

Maple is a very beautiful nature name choice! Here are some nice sibling choices:

Penelope Lucille

Daphne Clover

Cecily Hazel

Florence Ivy

Some of my other favorites that may go along with your choices:

Laurel, Azalea, Timothea, Zoe, Cassandra

Ok, I might caution you against using another flower/ nature/ noun-y name unless you are dedicated to this trend or this is your last child. I mean, if you have a Maple and an Iris, then the 3rd daughter would HAVE to be a plant... otherwise she'd seem like the odd man out.

Favourite noun girl names: Clover, Iris
    Favourite non-noun girl names: Daphne
    Suggestions for girls:
    Lark
    Annecy (a lake)
    Celeste
    Cyan
    Aurora (the lights)
    Lux
    Emerald
    Sapphire
    Sapphira
    Juniper
    Hyacinth

For the boys, I like Denver or Harrison... Denver has the nature edge...
    Suggestions for boys:
    Walden (THE nature book)
    Although I like Leif and Forrest, I would stay away from them with Maple (too corny)
    Hudson
    Caspian
    Huron
    Niall (pronounced Nile)
    Caelum (Latin for sky)
    Talon
    River
    Fox
    Wolf
    Finn
    Fisher
    Shepherd