Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sibling for Maple

So I have just started thinking about another baby - which is just unbelievable as it feels like I was just on here discussing Maple! Can't believe it's been 13 months. I know this is premature as I am not pregnant, but I don't want to be in the hospital for 3 days with a nameless baby this time around. I made a list of boys and girls names and would love any opinions and additions.

I like names like Maple - unusual, but not made up or hard to pronounce and I seem to lean towards nature names.

I have some major family names on the list - Gray, Penelope, and Harrison. Henry is my husband's name, although he goes by Hal. I like Gray in the middle spot as it goes with Violet (Maple's middle name), but I don't want people to think it's after Christian Gray!

Girls: Penelope, Clover, Hazel, Ivy, Pearl, Daphne, Cecily, Felicity, Lucy, Daisy, Florence, Iris. (no particular order)

Boys: Henry, Riley, Rex, Carson, Maxwell, Harrison. I kind of like Denver because I grew up in Colorado, but maybe it's too strange.

Thank you!
    Maple Violet and Penelope Wren

Pearl Gray would get my vote! I'm biased as my little girl is Pearl.

I only really want to comment on the fact your little girl's name is just absolutely gorgeous! I once had a dream I named my little girl Maple and I've loved it ever since.

My favourites for her sister are Pearl, Lucy, Florence and Iris. The only ones I might avoid, personally, would be Clover and Hazel. I just think they're too similar to Maple in an obscure-nature-name kind of way. It's not necessarily a bad thing just a bit too theme-y for my liking.

For boys, I love Henry, Maxwell, Harrison and Denver. I do also love the idea of Riley and Maple because they're just such contrasting styles but sound so good with each other.

Ones which spring to mind reading your list...

Thea
    Imogen
    Wren
    Harriet
    Beatrice
    Poppy
    Eleanor
    Claudia

Digby
    Harvey
    Theo
    Jensen
    Dexter
    Rafferty
    Reuben
    Wolf
    ★ O L I V I A ★
    (seventeen, student / traveller, obsessively maternal and owner of darling black cat Shura)

Emmett - Alec - Rufus - Wilfred - Eoghan
    Trudie - Fenella - Aoife - Jemima - Eilidh

I think Lucy, Ivy, and Iris go best. I like the suggestion of Wren too.

I'd add:

Daphne
    Lila
    Thisbe
    Sage
    Scarlett
    Piper
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold/Ottilie Amina*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

Penelope & Clover get my vote. I would imagine Maple could be mistaken for Mabel sometimes? The pop of Penelope & the quirk of Clover make Maple stand out as Maple when I say them. Somehow Iris & Hazel & Pearl make me think Mabel?

For boys I don't think you have to worry as much. It all works.
    Henry is great. Denver is kinda neat.

I think the 50 shades thing is a flash in the pan. I am sure if any movie gets made it will flop & all of the spoofs are so plentiful I don't think any remnants of jokes about it will stand the test of time. Just don't use Chris- anything or the girl's name with it!