Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bigger trend...ends in -Bella or starts in -Em?

Which type of name do you feeel would date itself more? So far the only names we can agree on are Arabella and Emiliana....while each themselves are not in the top 100, I feel like they each have a trendy component to them. Which do you think is a bigger trend and would be more dated. A name that nn's to Bella or a name that nn's to Emmie?

Hmmmmmmmm....I think Emiliana might sound more dated.

I think the Bellas will be more dated. Emily and Emma have been more consistently popular over the last century and will seem less dated, they are also more classic in general. The Bella names shot up out of nowhere to become mega popular and I think that will lead to them being dated.

That being said, I prefer Arabella to Emiliana. Arabella is frilly, but it is nice and feminine. Emiliana is a mouthful for me and seems like an overkill of Emily.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

I'd say Bella has the bigger risk of being "so 2011" because of Twilight. Emma and Emily and Emmeline are a lot less obviously connected to pop culture. Emerson might be more problematic, as it were. Emiliana is sort of done-up sounding, like Emily wasn't enough, although i do think it's pretty.

I think -bel, not Bella, still sounds fresh. Emiliana is so ornate and so linked to Emily, it loses luster. While Arabella is definitely trendy, Amabel, Mirabel, or Christabel are not.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq