Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by namelover77 View Post
    Fiammetta should have short middle names, because it's really long and frilly.
    I agree....
    Fiammetta Oona Ottilie (I think if you go with two O mn's consider using your own it would be a really nice connection between you and your LO).
    Fiammetta Omid Oriana
    Fiammetta Oba Onora
    Fiammetta Owena Ora

Is Ophelia vetoed as a mn or just a fn? Because I really like Fiammetta Oya Ophelia.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Ottilie, I love Fiammetta for you! It just seems perfect. I can see you with a little Fiammetta. Foo is pretty cute, too.

How do you feel about Orchid as a name? It's sort of GPish for a lot of people, but I can see you using it. I think something like Fiammetta Orchid Olivia would be lovely.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Have you run across short form Fiamma? It stands on its own, but would make a great nn.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Omya = life-giver
    Odele = song or harmony

I also wanted to mention that I've fallen completely in love with Illyria, after your previous post
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I'm head over heels in love with the name Fiammetta! A week or so back my boyfriend and I started looking at middle names, and (by accident) put two O names in the middle. Which led to initials FOO... I am not at all a nickname person, but now I am obsessed with having a little flame called Foo. The problem is O names are limited, and as much as I love them, most of them sound kind of similar. These are the ones we've got already: Octavia, Oenone, Olivia, Olwen, Olympia, Ophelia, Orabel, Orchil, Orphne, Orseis, Orthia, Ortygia, Osanna, Ostara, Otrera, Ourania, Oxya & Oya. Any other suggestions? We want the name to sound sweet, warm and golden, like a little flame.

Other names we've been thinking of are Flaxen, June and Xanthe, although they would not make a Foo nickname...

Any other flaming little names come to mind? Combo suggestions would be welcome as well. We've been thinking about Fiammetta Olwen Ostara or Fiammetta Orseis Ourania.
    I'll preface by saying I firmly believe you can call her Foo even if her middle name was Jane. Nicknames don't have to be so organic, IMO.

Secondly, I think Fiammetta is so strong, as a 4-syllable Italianate name ending with A, that for harmony's sake you should avoid anything similar in the middle. Personally I would not use anything ending in A.

Golden thoughts: you're in great good luck that the Latin 'Aur,' gold, has come into many languages as 'Or.' you have a host of golden options, my favorite being Oriel.

Osanne is a French name with a warm, golden glow; it's a saints name perhaps derived way, way back from 'Hosanna.'

Do you know the legends of Ophir? It was a fabulously wealthy place, with gold and jewels beyond human measure. It drove the ancient world crazy, as did the Legend of El Dorado centuries later. Ophir has the same quasi-mythical feel as does Illyria, to me.

So, I like Fiammetta Oriel Osanne, or Fiammetta Oriel Ophir.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq