Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lovely Daycare Names

My four month old (Alice) just started daycare recently. I'm loving the names of the babies in her room: Astrid, Ella, Henry, Issac and Anabelle. I read the birth announcements in my community quite a bit and typically I see more names that are Italian, modern invented, or reflective of African American naming practices. I guess it really is true that we tend to organize ourselves into groups with others who are like us since she's with such a berrylicious bunch.

On a side note, two of my peers from library school recently had a little boys and named them Aldous and Beckett. I super love their literary picks.

I'm in a hipster haven, too (though Santa Monica can't really compare to Portland) and it's exactly the same phenomenon: Eloise, Arlo, Dashiell, Cassia, Radley (! the new Atticus?), and of course Antoine. The least hipstery in the infants' room are Sienna and Leilani.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

haha at the preschool I work at in our infant room we have
    Ellie-her formal name
    Conor
    Brilee
    James Grant-goes by Grant

The toddlers share the room so they are
    Kyler
    Kamilli- goes by Milli
    Caden

Soooo we don't live in a hip area lol
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

I pick up my niece from the daycare for my sister sometimes. Some of the little ones there are.........

Kolby
    Wyatt
    Jayden
    Kaylee
    Madison - nn Maddie
    Lillian - nn Lily
    Francine - nn Cici

Oh wow, those are nice! I am in central Pennsylvania, so nothing that consistently fun. However, my youngest just started the preschool program at the alternative school where the older 3 attend. Her class size is very small, but the names I remember are
    Violet (my dd)
    Adeline (my niece)
    Kai
    Harrison
    Leon
    Audrey
    Dahlia
    Maelin
    Jessup
    Christian

Probably different than most more mainstream preschools due to the demographic of parents who choose such a school. All kids are between 3 1/2-5 btw.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)