Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

My community sounds illiterate!

Here I am trying to keep busy while waiting for my overdue baby and my 8 yo ds brings home his school yearbook. I'm appalled by some of the spellings...I thought I lived in a smarter community :P

Here are some of the names...preschool-3rd grade. The younger grades had more misspellings so it's getting progressively worse

Alexzandyr
    Decoda
    Terryn
    Logian
    Trystin
    Linkin
    Harlie
    Taiden
    Cheyann
    Alexz (girl)
    Meah
    Zoie
    Madyx (girl)
    Chloee
    Aubrie
    Kierstynn
    Eian
    Makena
    Trystyn
    Adynn
    Khloee
    Braxtn
    Abbigail
    Averi
    Kloee
    Karsyn
    Jaityn
    Maliki
    Kaine
    Karsyn (girl)
    Keyton
    Brytin
    Allysa
    Zoie again
    Kenedy
    Shayne
    Jaxyn
    Carlee
    Haily
    Maikol
    Emersyn

I'm tempted to go through and write down all the names that rhyme with Aidan...another big trend around here. Ugh.
    -L

Mom to Conrad, Nolan, Juniper and our newest addition {1.31.13} Beckett Mathias Lou

Wow, those are some complicated and clunky spellings! What is wrong with Jackson and Chloe and Abigail? I don't mind a few "creative spellings" like maybe one letter different or extra but these are pretty crazy!

Hey don't hate on my name spelling It was an unpopular name when I was born. Now when I have kids, my name will look like I'm the child I hated spelling it growing up, though
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

This is just a guess on my part but ... I have a very strong feeling that the next generation aren't going to be known for their spelling ability. The generation after them may not even know what is the "original" or "correct" way to spell any name. Sad really.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    This is just a guess on my part but ... I have a very strong feeling that the next generation aren't going to be known for their spelling ability. The generation after them may not even know what is the "original" or "correct" way to spell any name. Sad really.
    I agree! You never know though, the cool/trendy thing to do for the next generation might be to go back to the original spellings! Let's hope so anyways.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!