Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: saving names

saving names

So I'm interested in what you guys think about this dilemma. As soon as we had our last baby I knew that if we had another son, Andrew would be the perfect name. It's never been an absolute favorite but has been one of dh's favorites all along. It's a great match and after getting my top picks for 3 boy first names (dh picked Mark's and James's middles), it does seem great to give dh one of his top picks in the first spot. I also can't think of another name that we both like and isn't already used in the family.

Trouble is that I haven't settled on our next's girls name so easily especially one that sounds nice with our last name Tys0n and I've been very tempted to put Anne high on the list. But Anne would mess up Andrew. My thought is to wait till what we think is our last baby and if we haven't used Andrew to use Anne then. But of course you never really know when the last baby will be. We have 5 now and I'm guessing we'll have 2 (maybe 3) more, but of course that might not happen.

So should Anne go on my list or should I save my "An-" name for an Andrew?
    Last edited by lo; January 30th, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Grace Elizabeth
    Future boy: Peter, Thomas, or Isaac

I would just wait and see what u have next,if its a boy name him Andrew if its a girl use another girl name you love and wait on Anne or use it as a middle

Quote Originally Posted by lindseymae View Post
    I would just wait and see what u have next,if its a boy name him Andrew if its a girl use another girl name you love and wait on Anne or use it as a middle
    This is of course the reasonable approach and one my hubby would advocate but since I'm more than a bit obsessive about names I want my next girls name ready to go =)
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Grace Elizabeth
    Future boy: Peter, Thomas, or Isaac

I really like the other girl names you have in your signature, and would suggest what the previous poster did- let Andrew have preference over(Anne ie, use a different girl name if the next isn't a boy)

It seems like his feelings for Andrew are stronger than yours for Anne, so I would let his pick trump.

Also, if you choose Anne, each child except Katherine would have a monosyllabic name. I'd pick something longer based on that fact alone, so she blends in more.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq