Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Henry's sister is hamstrung by her middle name.....

My son Henry is getting a little sister this summer! Her middle name will be Cynthia (a family name), and our last name starts with S....the combination of which is kind of limiting.

For my taste, I feel I need to eliminate all H, C, and S names. I am not a fan of same-sounding sibling names, I don't want my daughter to be nicknamed CeCe/CC, and tho I absolutely love alliteration within a name, 3 S sounds is too much for one little girl. Also, because Cynthia is more of a throwback name - and a mouthful - I feel the first name should be something shorter, fresher/newer, and with a non-"ia" ending. Unfortunately, this eliminates a lot of my favorites (Sienna, Sidney, Chloe, Avia, etc)

My short list, in order of preference, is:
    Zoe
    Marley
    Maya
    Gemma
    Alexis

I Love love love Zoe but am concerned it is too matchy with Henry. Also, is Marley automatically associated with Bob Marley?

All thoughts or new ideas really appreciated!!!!!!

Maya and Gemma are my favourites off your list.
    Maya Cynthia sounds better than Gemma Cynthia, though they, sadly, both sound kind of funny with the middle name. I love Gemma with Henry though. I understand why you're torn
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

thanks, shvibziks.....i know, it's a tough one.

Do you think Zoe is too matchy with Henry?

I am open to other names too, these are just the ones I have come up with based on what's been ruled out due to being in use by family members already.....

I don't think Zoe is too matchy with Henry. I actually find Marley to sound matchier, although the styles are very different. Zoe Cynthia is lovely!
    Mom to Luke Russell & James Reece

Zoe is not too matchy with Henry, especially since the two names are different styles and origins: Zoe is of Greek origin and Henry is of German origin. Henry and Zoe make a nice sibset!
    Last edited by kyemsma; January 31st, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo