Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Valencia

Valencia

Hello beautiful berries,

I am hoping to get your opinion on the name Valencia. I have no attachment to the city whatsoever, no desire to travel there, no family or cultural heritage, I really just like the sound of the name and the meaning, brave/strong.

What do you think about naming a child after a place name that has no relevance you?

Thanks for your advice, I am also open to suggestions,

Melissa

I think it's a wonderful name. Makes me think of Valencia oranges, and Spain of course. There was someone here a while back who was considering it.. She was a former Los Angelean I believe, and had lived on Valencia St.
    I might feel a little funny naming someone Valencia if I'd never been there, but I think it's completely doable. People name their kids Georgia without any connection to the place.

My first thoughts are of oranges & California. I like the sound. Why not?

I think it is a lovely name! Different and unique, but not too weird or made up. Lots of parents call their daughters Siena, Verona, Geneva etc. without having a link to these beautiful cities.
    The only question I would have is what you would use as a nickname? Val? Cia? Lena?

For what it's worth, someone I went to high school with just named her daughter Valencia Charlotte. The name was never even on my radar before - I wonder if people are starting to take note of it?
    Current Favorites

Adeline, Annabel, Cecily, Clara, Clementine, Cressida, Daphne, Eliza, Flora, Georgiana, Gemma, Hyacinth, Isa, Imogen, Juliet, Lila, Livia, Matilda, Ophelia, Persephone, Sabrina, Tamsin, Verona, Violet

Alastair, Asher, Callum, Caleb, Colin, Dorian, Felix, Florian, Gavin, Hallam, Inigo, Julian, Lionel, Marius, Nigel, Noel, Oliver, Raphael, Sebastian, Silas

Current furry children: Clover, Snowshoe, Avalon, Puck, Panda, Winona

Expecting a [tbd] c. August 19, 2013!!