Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Beck

Beck

Too out there? Sounds made up? Not enough name? Trying too hard? Awesome name? Cool name? Strong name?

Don't love the full name versions like Beckett and Beckham Etc, so it would stand alone. We also love Ryan which is at the other end of the name spectrum, so Beck feels pretty out there. Older sister is Tahlia, but we almost named her something more mainstream as well. Because Beck is so rare, we have no frame of reference to know what "kind of name" Beck seems like to people. Thoughts?

I actually like the name Beck! It's a GP name for me, though. My naming style is more conservative. Like you, I don't care for any of the longer forms. The only drawback is the whole "beck and call" bit and some people may mistake his name for the popular female nickname Becky. It also sounds hipster with Tahlia, if you consider that a good thing. I still see it as too much of a nickname, I prefer giving the child a formal name where they have options. Ryan is okay, it's a bit dated (90s) to me. The meaning "little king" is cute, though. It would be refreshing to hear a little boy named Beck.
    Stephanie | College Junior | Romans 5:8

Sarah, Emily, Lydia, Ava, Katherine, Lillian, Eleanor, Hannah, Grace, Mila

Andrew, Jacob, Michael, Joseph, Oliver, William, James, Benjamin, Alexander, Daniel

I agree with Leah, it's refreshing. People will call him Beck, so if you're okay with that nickname, I'd go for it. It's a handsome name. If you like it, I'd use it. That's what matters.
    Gents: Wylder Liam Knight | Heath Lochlainn | Ronan Ashleigh
    Annakin David | Edmund Jamys | Gethin Irving | Tristan Ivar |
    | Cyprian Arthur | Hadrian Jacoby | Elijah Wolfe

Ladies: Elowen Trinity | Hazel Gwynevere | Ferelith Nessa |
    | Viola Ainsleigh | *Allastriona Raven | Luminia Winter |
    | *Fionella Iris | Cleantha Scarlett | Stella Cordelia

Crushing On: Bevorlia & Gwyneira
    *Pronounced "Al-as-tree-na" and "Fin-ella"
    Note: Annakin is a British surname and means "Divine cauldron".[:

I really like it and would use it on its own. I like one syllable names and it would be in the same category as Drew where there is a longer formal name but it stands on its own just fine. It's a very handsome name. I say go for it!