Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What names do you wish you were brave enough to use?

I have seen so many berries (myself included) post about names they love, but aren't brave enough to use. What names fall under this category for you?

For me, Poet is a big one! Love it, but couldn't see having a child named that.
    "Pretty is something you're born with. But beauty, that's an equal opportunity adjective."

Apol·lònia, for sure. I love the dark Ls and the open O... but I have an anglophone family.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iris, Maeve, Sela
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Gideon

Bandit
    Maleficent - really want to use this one!
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane

Frey- Love the mythology behind this one. But sadly too close to Fray and welcoming to "Frayed" jokes.

Embry- I loved this one before Twilight, but not very unusable for me due to the obvious "Embryo" look.

Penn- LOVE it, but just like you, just not brave enough

Mako- I like the spunky sound of it, but i don't really like the idea of naming my son after a shark

Santos- If only I where hispanic

Elven- This is actually a variation of Elvin, but also another plural for Elves

English word names. Especially the ones that are very unusual. It's just that my child will speak different language and won't grow in English speaking countries so it doesn't have any sense to use them. Only exception is Melody, because I really like it and it's well known word, and I'm choosing this word as a potential name just because it sounds so melodic! But for now, it's strictly in 'maybe' territory.