Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

HELP! Is it me or a growth spurt???

Hey berries!! I need your help!!! My daughter is 3.5 months old. I stay home w her and she is exclusively breastfed. She still eats around every 2-2.5 hours during the day. I think that might be kind of frequent for her age but it doesn't bother me to nurse on demand. She usually sleeps 4 hours at night, sometimes 5, occasionally 6. BUT, heres my problem- the past 3 nights she's been up every hour! She wakes up hungry and almost sucks my boob off lol She's def eating, it's not a comfort suck. But it's driving me crazy. I feel like my head barely hits the pillow and she's up again! Has anyone else experienced this? Nothing has changed so I can't put my finger on what's happening. During the day she stays on a 90 minute schedule. It's not always 90 min to the tee but around there. She naps, wakes up and eats, plays, and then naps again 90 min after she woke up. And that hasn't changed in a month, so I don't think it's anything were doing different in the daytime. Maybe a growth spurt? I don't believe in the "cry I out" method. I feel like at her age if she's crying she needs something and if she's hungry I don't want to deprive her. I know breastfed babies are generally hungrier faster than bottlefed babies but every hour at night?? Yikes!!! Any advice is helpful!