Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zachandemma View Post
    My apologies! I just fixed my mistake. Sorry, English isn't my first language. I meant 2nd and 3rd child. I love Gender-Bender names. My mother's name is Maria Frances and Zach's father's name is Felix George. We do so love the names Maria and Felix. We aren't sure about using them though.
    Just curious. Maria Frances is quite an odd name for a French woman, and George is very strange for a German (as is Zachary, as irmgard pointed out).

Noah and June are neither French nor German. How did you settle on her name?
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

You're very lucky to have such an intelligent little girl. Fluent in 3 languages? Wow, my son isn't even fluent in English and he's the same age as your JuneBug!

Since you like gender bender names, how about:

Bentley and Hadley
    Carter and London
    Quinn and Kenley
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Just curious. Maria Frances is quite an odd name for a French woman, and George is very strange for a German (as is Zachary, as irmgard pointed out).

Noah and June are neither French nor German. How did you settle on her name?
    That's one thing we love about our families. They're not really with the tradition. Zachary's parents are very religious and the name is brought on by references in the bible. I'm not sure about his middle name however. My mother's mother (Grandmother) loved the teachings of Maria Montessori. You may look her up if you'd like, thus bringing the name Maria. Frances is the name my grandmother chose for I don't really know what reason. I'm eager to ask now.

As for our little Noah! Zach really wanted to pick a biblical name for her. I wasn't apposed, nothing just really struck me. However I was looking through a list of them. It was between Ezra, Mary, and Noah. Noah and Ezra were both so off beat. But when she was born, she was so gentle and welcoming to different family members to hold her. Noah has a far more gentle and quieter tone. We chose Noah. Then June, that's the month I met Zach. So many happy thoughts I feel when thinking of Noah, and when I met her father. June fits right in there. So...I know it's silly but we named her from there. We aren't stuck on origins of names, however digging into our heritiges we thought we could maybe find something from there that would inspire us with names.

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    You're very lucky to have such an intelligent little girl. Fluent in 3 languages? Wow, my son isn't even fluent in English and he's the same age as your JuneBug!

Since you like gender bender names, how about:

Bentley and Hadley
    Carter and London
    Quinn and Kenley
    Junebug is gathering what we're saying to her. Like if we (in whatever language) tell her to, "Go find your shoes?" or "Would you like to brush your hair?" or anything else, she'll understand, nod, return short sentences or comply. The fact that we also use a few signs with her really helps her to understand that. If mommy says "milk" and daddy says "milk" that they're the same thing because they're the same sign. We aren't fluent in sign but we have a baby sign book and use the basics from there.

I love Quinn, Carter, London, Hadley...oh my!! Thanks so much!

With my husband, ready to see our baby girl :)
    I don't find your families names odd. French people don't have to have French names, nor do German people have to have German names. I love Maria Montessori by the way. Junebug (Noah) is amazing!

I suggest that you continue to pick names that mean things to you rather than finding a name that comes from a specific Origin. I like the effect of the remembering something amazing every time you think of their names.

Good luck with your upcoming family of five! Along with MANY happy memories!