Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Please help me love the name Paul!

Paul is both my Dad's middle name and my partner's father's name, so it would be a great middle name choice for us. Unfortunately, I just can't bring myself to like it very much. Please help me find a way to fall in love with it: convince me it's great, give me an alternative that might work (although I already searched for names of the same meaning and found nothing to my taste) or even suggest books/films/tv shows with cool Pauls in them! I would be eternally grateful!
    Thanks in advance

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

You probably wont fall in love with a name that you don't automatically love. You could always use it as a middle name, or you could save it for a female option: Paula, Pauline, Paulette, Polly, Hope that helps!

I love this name, but then again, I love classic names for boys. My first thought was Paul Newman -- it doesn't get much cooler or handsomer than him! Also Paul Rudd, who I find hilarious. There's also the Popes, but if you're not Catholic or religious, that won't help.

Maybe wait until he's born. A lot of the names I thought were too boring and didn't feel right (including the name we ended up using) felt much more right and perfect once I was face to face with my son. Good luck!

P.S. There's also Paul Revere, Paul Anka, Paul Brown (founder of Cincinnati Bengals, whose stadium is named after him), and lots more.

Yes! Paul Newman!

I think Paul would be an original choice these days.

My son's mn is Paul, and I think it is a lovely choice and in my case it is to honour the biblical figure who was in my opinion a superstar.