Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    My son's mn is Paul, and I think it is a lovely choice and in my case it is to honour the biblical figure who was in my opinion a superstar.

How about Saul instead? TBH if you don't like Paul you probably never will but you might learn to have a soft spot for it because of the special people it represents.

Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics is my husband's favorite bball player. We've considered it. And the Paul from the Bible was a powerhouse.

Paul is my brother's name. If I had had another son, I would have strongly considered Paul as the middle name. (I sometimes wish Paul was my second son's middle name.) Anyway, I agree with pps that the biblical Paul was a superstar. Also, there is Paul Bunyan, folktale hero. (There is a GIANT statue of Paul Bunyan somewhere in Minnesota.) Anyway, I think Paul would make for a fabulous middle name - even more so in light of the family connection you described.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

I was trying to find a way to honor a Paul and gave up on it. I really love both Pablo and Paloma (so maybe I like Picasso..)
    Paloma is so lush and feminine but also dignified and respectable. It's Spanish, but I think it's wearable for people of all ethnicities without feeling contrived.
    Pablo is tons of fun, roly-poly and cute but also a mad-genius name. I do think it might be a bit much on a non-Hispanic kid, unless you guys are really bold.
    Paola and Paolo are also beautiful, but super-Italian.
    I actually think Paul has a quiet beauty to it. In my experience, people named Paul are calm, generous and humble. The world needs more Pauls. I bet it could be wonderful as part of a double-barreled name, or as a first name for a child who goes by his middle name. From your signature list:
    Paul-Henry
    Paul-Francis
    Paul Theodore "Theodore"