Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    These names actually aren't my style at all, the topic just interests me.

My family is Italian and a lot of the surnames in my family tree skew very feminine sounding. It actually interests me that Italian surnames haven't really taken off with this trend which seems to favor preppier, more Anglo sounding names.

I think that the commonplace sound of Allison, Addison & Madison make some-son names palatable for girls.

Harris, Wallis, Ferris, Dallas or Flarrety, Garrety, Lafayette, Willoughby all could work.

Hadley, Tenley, Bailey, Rylen, Quinn & Heartley all feel feminine

I just dislike male ownership over surnames in general and it spilling over into this first name trend kind of bothers me. Is a female named Mardsen offensive because a female shouldn't be able to carry a surname throughout her whole life and in the first name spot no less?

Also why hasn't this trend sent parents grabbing for other ethnic last names? Why aren't Italian, Spanish/Latin, Russian, Polish, ect surnames in high demand? Why does McKenna sound good to the average (possibly not Irish) person and Kendaskis not work?

That is a good question. I think the reason why I like some surnames on boys are because they sound masculine or because I think of some dashing literary character.

I also find it interesting that other surnames aren't more pop, like Spanish or Italian. Scandinavian surnames are getting more "pop", probably because of all the -son endings.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

My family tree has some very ott girly sounding names like Aqualina & Ersalesi. Very flowy & princessy sounding. I am really surprised that I haven't met a single person even thinking of using an Italian surname name in my Italian area & within my Italian family!

I also think a lot of Russian surnames like Alvarovich for example sound dashing. Maybe a bit ott?

Personally I think all of the Mc/Mac names are very awkward sounding in the fn spot. Just as strange as some of the above.

But something simple & cute like say, Perez or Lopez, both familiar & easy to pronounce & full of cute nn options...why don't we ever hear these?

Most of the popular surnames feel masculine to me, or at least distinctly unfeminine. Sloan, for example. I just do not get how this became considered a girl's name.

Oooh Aqualina and Ersalesi would be stunning names! Perez I imagine on a little pixie!!!!!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]