Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I'm not fond of either of the names, I do however prefer the sound of Imogen (but Imogene looks more complete in a way).
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

Like others, I'm just not fond of the -jeen- sound. There are very few names with that sound I can tolerate, Eugenie being the only one that comes to mind. Looking some more, Regina is the only other one, and I only like it because of Regina Spektor.

However, I'm not fond of Imogen either, even though I prefer it to Imogene. It sounds very sharp to me, piercing.
    Resident Norwegian, feel free to ask any questions regarding lovely Norse names and such! I'm more than happy to help ^^

Maeva + Everild + Rosa + Nimue + Ondine + Anaïs + Ophelia + Clio + Ariadne + Nona + Persephone + Lux
    Ambrose + Jorah + Philo + Silas + Orpheus + Hallam + Idris + Leonidas + Orion + Emrys + Graeme + Laszlo

Pearl + Valentine + Noble + Bloom + Prosper + Starling + Wren + Forest + Boone + Evening + Hero + Vesper + Royal

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    I just prefer the 'jen' ending to the 'jean' ending.
    Same here.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I love Imogene! Perhaps it has something to do with the beloved children's storybook, Imogene's antlers. Maybe not the best association for most people but I always thought of an extremely imaginative little girl whenever I read it as a kid.
    Imogen has no history with me and I think it sounds a little abrupt.
    Mama of two beautiful boys!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
    ~Psalm 127:4-5a

Imogene was born from mispronunciation Imogen, that's why I don't like it.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

Proud auntie to Lucy Helen and Theodore Levi

~ Eliza Constance ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Nora Josephine ~ Pearl Violet ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~ Tess Christabel ~
    ~ Gabriel Walter ~ James Benedict ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~ Timothy Jack ~