Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    You're not the only one who feels that way. I LOVE Imogene and vastly prefer it to Imogen. Maybe we are just ahead of the style curve

I cannot figure out how to pronounce either name, I love the meaning but I can't get behind the sound of the name

Quote Originally Posted by katie8765 View Post
    I cannot figure out how to pronounce either name, I love the meaning but I can't get behind the sound of the name
    Me too! Imma-jen, Emma-jin, Image-een?

Hate is a strong word. I like Imogen because it's spunky, fun, quirky, very sweet and beautiful. Imogene sounds lazy and drawling and not at all charming. A bit annoying really.

Imogen is pronounced IM-uh-jen, and Imogene IM-uh-jeen.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I don't really like Imogen or Imogene. I don't understand the hype about Imogen. It sounds...well, weird.
    Imogene would probably would be one of my favorite names if I didn't have horrible associations with it.
    I have to agree, Imogen is more modern-sounding than Imogene, but I like Imogene's old-fashioned, cowgirl aura. Imogen overall is more suited to today' s parent's tastes, although this is debatable.
    I'm a young writer who's obsessed with baby names!!!!!!!!
    Favorite names coming soon...
    Elrock13