Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Need help feminizing this name please.

I've never had much of a name list, and I really want to get a list of names that my husband and I both like. We already know that we want to start trying for a baby when Mireille, who were're adopting, is about 3 months old (she's due next week!). My husband's grandfather, who he was very close to, died 4 months ago. He's mentioned numerous times that he would like to somehow incorporate his grandfather's name into our next child's name. If we were to have a boy it would, obviously, be easy, but if we have a girl, it will be dificult. Can you think of any way to feminize the name Peregrine besides Peregrina (which we think sounds weird)? We HATE the name Perry, so we do not want to use it as the full name. We know that Perry is an easy nickname for Peregrine, but, even so, we still want to use the name. If he/she wants to use the nickname Perry, that's fine with us, it just won't be something that we use.

If we can't come up with anything, we'll probably just go with Peregryn. His nickname was Gryn, so it would incorporate his nickname as well as his full name. We're not exactly sure why his nickname was spelled Gryn instead of Grin or Grine. Since we're not even pregnant yet, we're hoping to find something a little more....original. We're ok with creative names, so we're not worried about finding a feminized form of Peregrine that's been around for a while. We just want a name that we like, that also honors the name Peregrine.

Thanks for all your help Berries!!
    Last edited by livelaughlove; January 28th, 2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Blessed with our beautiful daughter Mireille Elena 2/3/2013 through adoption.

Peregryn could work. The only other name I can think of is Perenna. Maybe Perennagryn (kind of long though) nn Gryn, Renna, Wren.
    Mama of two beautiful boys!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
    ~Psalm 127:4-5a

I would suggest Rin or Wren.

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniebrooke View Post
    I would suggest Rin or Wren.
    Thanks, but we want the name to be obviously after him. Rin or Wren doesn't even honor him to us, so it definitely won't to the rest of our family.
    Blessed with our beautiful daughter Mireille Elena 2/3/2013 through adoption.

Peregrine is one of my favorites for a boy What about Perrin for a girl? I have always thought it had a similar feel.
    “We meet no ordinary people in our lives.”
    ― C.S. Lewis