Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nina name theft

That takes a lot of nerve, especially since they asked you in front of the rest of the family. The only thing I'm going to point out is that if your sister "claimed" Vera, she won't want you to use Veda either with it's being so close. So you have to sort of decide now how you want to handle that. Because if you're going to honor her claim, you won't want to ruin it for her by using something so close she won't feel comfortable using her choice. On the other hand, if you decide that hey first come first serve (which is also viable, she's not pregnant and you are) then you may as well just use Vera if you like it better. But be completely upfront and honest with your sister about it, making it clear that you also loved the name, it's part of a shared family history, and you're entitled to use the names you love too. If you don't want to upset your sister, then keep looking.

Unless of course you decide to just go with Nina. Because really, if they have a problem with that they should not have used your name. And truly, I hope THIS is the course you choose. They were jerks but don't let them ruin it for you forever.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

If it's a boy: Tristan Ambrose Galahad~Ambrose Galahad
    If it's a girl: Genevieve Claire~Esme Adora~Sophie Elinor~Fleur Genevieve~Elsa Genevieve

I was going to suggest Veda/Vada/Vida! Similar sound to Nina and goes well Leonie. I also think Sylvie pairs well with Leonie.
    Mama to Vincent Robert "Vince" Age 3. 5th Generation "V" and Henry Donovan "Hanky Pank" "Spanky" 10/27/11.

Interesting. I hear Vera and Veda as two distinct names with different flavors. Veda would honor your ancestor Vera, and I'm guessing it would be ok with your sister. You could talk to her about it, "I know you love Vera, and I want a name that honors dear old (great-granny) Vera too. We'd like to use Veda- so if you ever have a girl we'd have a cousin-pair of Vera and Veda. What do you think?" I think it would be pretty frickin cute to have such a cousin-pair in the family.
    Also Taz, Veda is much more unusual here in Breukelen.

I love the suggestion of Adair! Gorgeous!

Their Nina was supposed to be Samantha...twin to Catherine

Vera we say Veer-uh Veda I say Vay-duh...are they too close?

I like Alma as well & Beatrice.