Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Do you have a reputation for being a Name person? That's the only reason I can think of to describe this creepy obsession people have with your name. It makes sense that if you are a name person and you are having a baby, people would want to know the name. I'm sorry that navigating the not-telling game is not going well for you. I knew a couple who just made a hardline rule that NO ONE would know. It seems like you don't want to do this, but at some point, it might be best if it gets out of hand. You can say "Not even my parents know the name" or "Not even my grandparents know the name" and then that might make them wonder why on earth you owe THEM the name.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    It is but see, the thing with the juniors is several of these people have told me "Oh, why don't you do a junior?" >.< No.

I could say Thomasina Thomas :P or something. That's funny >.<

Now with this girl, she won't take that. I'm serious everyone, she's my stalker. She thinks she's madly in love with me and wants everything about our lives to be the same. It's weird and she bothers me. She's already asked me twice this morning on facebook what the names are. O_O
    What a creeper! I'm not sure what I would do in that situation, honestly.

Maybe try just being straight with her? It may come off as harsh, but she sounds very pushy and like she may be the type that needs things spelled out for her.

It is but see, the thing with the juniors is several of these people have told me "Oh, why don't you do a junior?" >.< No.

I could say Thomasina Thomas :P or something. That's funny >.<

Now with this girl, she won't take that. I'm serious everyone, she's my stalker. She thinks she's madly in love with me and wants everything about our lives to be the same. It's weird and she bothers me. She's already asked me twice this morning on facebook what the names are. O_O
    Hahaha I guess in real life people love juniors a lot more than us berries do!!!

I think Thomasina or Thomas Thomas are totally winning names haha.

Also, that girl is straight up crazy. I'd tell her where to go....

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Don't have kids, but before my nephew was born we were just given an initial "C". People had fun trying to guess C names, no one was right! Every time my parents talked about him, they'd say "how is Fernando" or "how is Wilfred" they weren't her style and obviously not C names but made it fun.

For my cousins, they always used the "what are your suggestions" approach. That way they get to hear names they may not have thought about, and the other person feels like they are involved by giving suggestions.

She's already asked me twice this morning on facebook what the names are. O_O
    Block her, seriously.
    Last edited by ozdust; January 27th, 2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Auntie to Connor Douglas (June 2012) & Parker Isabella (Oct 2013)

~*Ariadne*Celeste*Esmé*Deirdre*Linnéa*~
    ~*Cian*Everett*Julian*Soren*Theodore*~

My full list here. Please comment and I'll comment on yours
    I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

(Not currently expecting or TTC)

My hairstylist told me she was pregnant, and I asked her a few months later about names. Looking back on it, she was pretty vague in her reply, and I just kept going with chatting about it. "I like classic names for boys, I like more unusual names for girls, but it has to be spelled correctly" blah blah blah. I was like "Why isn't she telling me?"

Oh man. I have to remember that this is forum where people go willingly to discuss names, and the real world is different. I was far from creepy about it, but it must have been annoying nonetheless.