Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't Let Go...

Love Fiametta! That would be #1. Fiametta, #2. Arcadia, #3. Circe, #4. Calypso, #5. Alcyone1 All very beautiful! Good Luck!
    Mama to the Beautiful - Evelyn Francine Alia and the Handsome Isaac Francis Azriel

1. Hespera...one of the standouts for me since your earlier lists. I love the balance of down-to-earth ease of pronunciation with a rare almost mystical feel. I just love this choice for you.
    2. Illyria
    3. Calypso
    4. Circe
    5. Gwenllian

top choice is Ceridwen (why only for a snow girl?)

Niniane
    Circe
    Illyria
    Fiammetta
    Gwenillian
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

1: Niniane
    2: Alcyone
    3: Fiammetta
    4: Illyria
    5: Arcadia (but Calypso and Hespera are also gorgeous, I had a hard time landing on just one!)

Gwenllian is too complicated, Circe has a little too much baggage and I'm just not fond of the emphasized GA sound of Morgana, and it seems a little plain next to your other choices.
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Maeva + Eulalie + Rosalind + Emerence + Saskia + Everild + Nimue + Anaïs + Ophelia + Lileas + Helena + Rixende
    Balthasar + Leonidas + Isidor + Philo + Alasdair + Edmund + Iskandar + Ignatius + Valentine + Emmanuel + Emrys

Mercy + Bloom + Evening + Blythe + Prosper + Briar + Boone + Hawthorn

raptreverie: Hmm, the reasons they've been in and out are mostly comments on pronunciation issues... Alcyone is one of my biggest loves, I get such a strong sensation of what this girl would be like. Also one of my favourite paintings and stories.

lineska: I agree about Hespera, I absolutely love it. My sister said so many horrible things about this at christmas, it's good to hear nice things!

malk: The combo is Ceridwen Chione Solenne, feels like a frosty pale sunny twinkling snow day.

dearest: I think I agree with you. Also, how do you think these names would work in Norwegian? Need to think about that as well...

Thanks for your opinions everyone!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]