Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

the competition gets harder !

just found some names to make our choice even more difficult.... ok nameberries what do you think of these?

Mavis (Mae)
    Doris (Dorrie.... Dorr-ree not dory)
    Rosalind
    Rosamund
    Maude (Maudie)
    Winifred (Winnie)

so do you think one of these would go well with twin sister Agnes (Nessie) or should we stick with Edith (Edie) ?

Agnes and Rosalind or Rosamund would be my choice. Maude is nice to- would you make it into a nn? I love Edie, but wouldn't want my name to be Edith.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

Mavis (Mae)- I adore Mavis. I think that with the nns Mae and Mavy, it can fit a child and an adult beautifully.
    Doris (Dorrie.... Dorr-ree not dory)- Although it sounds similar to Mavis, all I can think of is the fish in Finding Nemo with Doris and any other names that start with Dor.
    Rosalind- I love the prn Rosa-lynn, but Raw-za-lind is NMS. Both are legit.
    Rosamund- I prefer Rosalind, but this has more vintage appeal.
    Maude (Maudie)- I can see the appeal, but again, NMS.
    Winifred (Winnie)- I love the nickname Winnie, but Winifred is NMS, but I think we have different styles, and it should be fine.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I like Agnes and Edith best (I love Edith!), but I think that Agnes and Maude and Agnes and Winifred also work well. While I like Mavis (although I prefer Avis), the 2 -s endings are hard to say together-- this rules out Doris for me too. I like Rosalind and Rosamund, but they have such a different feel compared to Agnes-- much more feminine/frilly-- that I wouldn't use them for a twin name.

Some other suggestions:

Agnes and

Audrey
    Claire
    Diana
    Esther
    Faye
    Gemma
    Laura
    Louise
    Lucy
    Phoebe
    Stella
    Sybil
    Thais
    Vera
    Willa

Agnes and Edith is my vote

I do like some of the other names on your list, but the only one that would give me cause to falter in my decision would be Rosamond. However, Agnes and Edith are just too good together.
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catherine, Cordelia Iseult, Cosima Beatrix, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair