Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Fredrick is probably my favorite from your list, but I think Soren, Sterling, Percy, and Fletcher are pretty cool.
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor Lily, Margaret Jane

Soren is the only one I like

I really like Etienne and Soren and have a soft spot for Percy. Augustus is very nice, but I think August would be easier to wear. I knew a girl named Sterling growing up, so that name lost it's masculine flare for me, which I find very sad. Fletcher it my DH's name, and he gets compliments on his name all the time!
    After two years of trying and one chemical pregnancy,
    Cautiously due July 2017 with #1

musings:
    Eulalie Catherine • Cecily Mathilda • Beatrix Evelina • Catharina Tamsin • Paloma Celeste
    Ivo Maurice Abraham • Marius Nathanael • Euan Marcellus • Crispin Adair • Morris Oak

Wow Sufjan! I love that guy. That said, that's not my favorite from your list. I really love Soren and Sterling. I love Sterling because I feel like it's this erudite little name that is mainstream enough to have been heard of, but isn't common. I imagine a sweet little boy. I love Soren for the scandinavian feel, the hip sound (-en ending), and the connection to Kierkegaard. I think I like it slightly better because Sterling has an edge of money-grubbing and pretension to it.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

I love...

Augustus - strong, dignified, masculine and majestic
    Etienne - A wonderful French name
    Sterling -many British people first think of their money but I think of "a person of sterling qualities". I love it!

I like...

Percy - An aristocratic surname or a nn for Percival. Not bad but I knew one growing up who was teased constantly.
    Fredrick - I prefer the Frederick spelling but it's a fine name.
    Soren - Ok but the sound is trendy (eg. an/en/in etc).
    Lionel - A name from the Middle Ages that means "lion".

I don't like...

Dudley -Personally, I would avoid any name with the word "dud" in it.
    Irving - this man is playing bridge with his friends Orville and Milton in a Florida retirement home.
    Fletcher - a dated occupational name
    Sufjan - the meaning "comes with a sword" is a little too violent for my comfort level.
    All the best,
    Mischa.