Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

10 weeks to go and no baby name yet!!HELP!!!

Hi Berries,

We need help! My husband and I have completely different taste in names. We are not finding out the baby’s sex and I am starting to really worry our baby will be nameless. We only have about 10 weeks left to decide!

Our last name is Flann so sadly names starting with an F or Ph are out as they sound odd.

Here are our top picks:

Girls:
    Mine: 1-Esme Josephine
    2-Cordelia (nn Cora) Josephine
    3-Charlotte (nn Charlie) Josephine

*Josephine is a name to honor a family member.

His: 1-Jolene
    2-Marley
    3-Aubrey

Boys:
    Mine: 1-Arlo
    2-Bennett (nn Ben)
    3-Ronan

His: 1-Caballero
    2-Ramone

Any ideas for names that we would both love??? I thought we had agreed on Cordelia for a girl but now my husband isn’t so sure anymore...

Help!!!
    ~Married to My Best Friend August, 2004~

~Proud Mommy to Oliver Michael (nn Ollie) July, 2009. Expecting Baby #2 April, 2013~

Gals~Esme, Cordelia, Charlotte, Nathalie, Nora, Josephine~

Gents~Arlo, Ansel, Bennett, Harrison, Ronan, Vincent~

No luck agreeing on baby names so far...

Hmm...

Well, for girls, I would try to avoid Josephine because of how it clashes with your last name. Maybe Jolene could be a mn compromise and still act as a nod to your relative named Josephine? For a first name, have you considered Audrey? It seems to be slightly more your style than Aubrey. Perhaps Ramona would work as well (blends your husband's fav Ramone with your more sophisticated style).

For boys, I really don't know what to say. The names on your list are great, but I don't like the one's on your husband's list at all. : /
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Oh my gosh! I had such tunnel vision that I didn't notice Josephine clashes with our last name!! Thanks for pointing that out Maybe he would go for choosing the middle name for a girl haha.

I did suggest Audrey. DH didn't like it. He's very picky but doesn't suggest much and when he does it's usually a little out there. I had a list of 50 girls names and he didn't like any of them I detest his boys names. I'm really starting to panic. I'm on here obsessively looking for something and no luck yet. Thanks again for your help
    ~Married to My Best Friend August, 2004~

~Proud Mommy to Oliver Michael (nn Ollie) July, 2009. Expecting Baby #2 April, 2013~

Gals~Esme, Cordelia, Charlotte, Nathalie, Nora, Josephine~

Gents~Arlo, Ansel, Bennett, Harrison, Ronan, Vincent~

No luck agreeing on baby names so far...

Too bad about Audrey-- I thought that would be a good compromise too (it's just one letter different from Aubrey so I don't see what's so different about it). What about Audra or Ardith instead?

Jolene sounds dated to me and I'm not sure that names ending with an -n work well with your last name. What about Joelle, Jolie, Jolee, Josie, Josette, or Julia/Julie instead?

What about Coralie instead of Cordelia? You could still use Cora as a nn and it sounds pretty similar to Marley too.

I don't think Marley or Aubrey work well for a girl either-- they are a little too masculine to me. What about Carly, Clary, Darcy, Elise, Leonie, Lucy, Macy, Marcy, Mary, Marlies/Marlise, or Verity instead?

Some other possible names:

Annelise
    Aurora (nn Rory)
    Avis
    Beatrix
    Blythe
    Coral
    Edith/Edie
    Francesca
    Garnet
    Laura
    Lucia
    Margot
    Marlowe
    Marina
    Matilda
    Octavia nn Tavi/Tavy
    Phoebe
    Ramona
    Rosalie
    Rowena
    Sadie
    Thea
    Xanthe
    Zara
    Zoe

For a boy, what about Carlo or Carlos? One of these would be similar to Arlo and has a Spanish sound which your DH seems to like.

Some other possibilities:

Alberto
    August
    Cassius
    Diego
    Dominic
    Eduardo (Ed, Eddy)
    Enzo
    Frederico
    Gabriel
    Francisco (nn Frank, Frankie)
    Ivo
    Lazlo
    Leo
    Lucas
    Matthias
    Matteo
    Max
    Oscar
    Ricardo
    Roberto
    Roman
    Samuel
    Thaddeus
    Theo
    Tobias
    Viggo

I'm surprised that you're using Josephine as a mn with the last name Flann. It sounds clashy as well.

I do love Aubrey, Esme and Marley for a girl! For a boy the choices of Arlo and Ronan are amazing! Good luck to you!