Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Thanks! Adding Ash and Morrigan. I like Valentine a lot, but it's the name of an ex and I wouldn't want him to think I'm still hung up on him! haha
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

I love Eyre for the meaning it holds for you. It's a beautiful surname, related to the word "heir" which has a neat irony because you're kind of reconstructing your lineage. Erica Eyre is quite... airy though. Any interest in Thornfield as a surname, since you like Thorn for a boy? The house in the book is dark, full of heavy memories. But it's also surrounded by lush green woods, and it's a place of transformation, where she falls in love with Rochester.. Thornfield- the thorn tree, acacia, is symbolic of rebirth (crown of thorns and all that.)

I'm going through a name change right now as well. I'm estranged from my father and have been for a long time, so going by his name no longer feels right. I'm going with a family name from my mom's side. It's turning out that there are a lot more steps involved than I anticipated, but it definitely feels like the right decision. Especially in a situation like yours, it has the potential to be very empowering discarding a name that has such negative connotations for you.

I agree with you about Eyre. It's perfect in every way, but it just doesn't work with my fn. Loving Thornfield however, I hadn't considered it. Top of my list now. Thank you! @kungfualex, I am just starting the process and I have a feeling there are steps I don't even know about yet. Already I'm feeling lost. I'm supposed to fill out my legal name, which according to the DMV today is my birth name. So I petition to have my legal name changed to... my legal name?? According to California, my legal name is NOT my birth name, but the name that all of my official paperwork is in. Oi. This is going to be a battle, but it's time to get it done.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Erica Patricia Niamh (Neev) Irish:Bright
    Erica Patricia Anastasia (Too much?) Means Resurrection
    Erica Patricia Felicity Latin:Happy
    Erica Patricia Genevieve French:Woman of the People
    Erica Patricia Serenity
    Erica Patricia Madeleine French:High Tower
    Erica Patricia Elena Spanish:Bright Shining One
    Erica Patricia Claire French:Pure, Clear
    Erica Patricia Esperanza Spanish: Hope, Expectation
    Erica Patricia Allaire French:Cheerful
    Erica Patricia Braunwyn (or whatever spelling you may like) Welsh:White, Fair, Blessed
    Erica Patricia Blythe English:Free Spirit
    Erica Patricia Lux (Could even be the last name!) Light
    Oh! and total side note, I had a friend with the last name Luna? Erica Luna?
    Erica Patricia Gertrude (May not be your style, but it is one of my favorites) German:Strength of a spear
    Erica Patricia Seeley (Could also be a last name) English:Blessed, Happy
    Erica Patricia Tegwen Welsh:Fair, Lovely, Shining
    Erica Patricia Lakshmi (Could also be a last name, really just like the meaning) Sanskrit:A Lucky Omen
    Erica Patricia Peony (Means Healing)

Are you wanting a last name that means something significant or one that you just connect with?