Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Names You've Used in Past Stories you Don't Like Anymore

Have you ever looked back at your pre-naming obsession writings, and find some characters who's names you regret using because you realize they're super-popular, too 70s or 80s-sounding, or that you look at differently from your new naming experiences?
    For instance, one of my old stories included an Ella and an Abby as main characters. They fit the characters, but know all I can think about is how popular their names are.
    I'm a young writer who's obsessed with baby names!!!!!!!!
    Favorite names coming soon...
    Elrock13

Yep.

I had a character named Alexia Marie Goldstein nn Lexi/Lexia. Terribly Mary Sueish. She's now Karina Noelle Matthews nn Kari.

Other than her....I know there have been others, but I can't recall them atm. It's been a while.

EDIT:
    I had a B/G sibset of Hayden and Kyla, their surname was Silvers. *shudder*
    Another character named Dalia Alexis, a current character is named Briar-Rose Elisabetta Ettore, but I definitely want to take out some of the Italian, and will probably just name her Briar, middle name Rose and her surname.
    Last edited by east93; January 25th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

Deffinetly. I had a story with some decent characters names- Helena Louise was the heroine- but there were several that I cringe at. Twins named Aubrey and Audrey, and a sibset of River (male) and Susannah (who went by Susie.)
    Also, I remember I had a story about an unwed Romanian mother living with her deadbeat boyfriend in Northern Ireland. I remember that her son was Jacoby, and her name was Rooney. It deffinetly didn't fit the ethnic background or the character.

I hang my head in naming shame.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Yes of course! I had a character once named Holly Holiday. Seriously. Everybody in her family was born on a holiday(I know, these names are extremely cheesey). Holly and her mom Noelle were born on Christmas, Valentina and Rosalie(Holly's older twin sisters) were born on Valentines Day, Ember(Holly's younger sister) was born on the fourth of July, and Holly's dad Patrick, and her little triplet siblings Bridget, Lucky & Patrick Jr. Were all born on St. Patrick's day. How Bridget got in there I don't know, probably just because its an Irish name. I had some really good names-Noelle, Valentina, Rosalie- and some ugly ones- Lucky- Really?!

I also used some pretty 'blah' names. Like Andy. Why on Earth would I choose Andy?

Yes, I used some terrible names...at least "Holly Holiday" didn't get published like I had wanted it to!
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

Sorry! Spazzy nook in hand!
    Last edited by marinadancel17; January 27th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!