Results 1 to 5 of 14
January 24th, 2013 01:52 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Help with baby girl name - Catelyn?
Hi, my husband and I are trying to name our daughter, due in two weeks (down to the wire!). Older sibling's name is Kasey. So far, I like the following:
3. Alayne (husband hates)
4. Cora (husband hates)
Any other ideas? I like more traditional names (ones people have heard of before) but not in the top 50 names (everyone has a Lilly, Olivia, Madison, etc.). Has to be two or three syllables.
January 24th, 2013 02:23 PM #3
1. Catelyn - I have always liked Catelyn/Caitlin etc, but it is quite popular. Maybe Kate, Katya, Carissa, Carys, Cassia?
2. Ellery - Ellery reminds me of celery. Sorry, nms. Maybe Eliza, Eliana, Elodie, Eloise?
3. Alayne (husband hates) - I prefer Alaina personally. How about Elena, Elaine, Helena, Milena?
4. Cora (husband hates) - Corinna, Corinne, Coral, Caroline, Coraline?
5. Adelyn - Adelaide, Abigail, Adele, Aislinn?
Also Celina, Rowan, Avery, Bailey, Tatum?
January 24th, 2013 02:28 PM #5Cheers,
Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014
Broderick Pearson (Brock) 2016
Carol Ellen (Mommy)
David Robert (Daddy)
Elena Rose (Ellie) 2011
Felicity Iris (Lissy) 2012
Fav names: Harrison & Genevieve (Evie or Gigi)
To live, to love, to be understood.
January 24th, 2013 02:48 PM #7
1. Caitlin is the correct spelling. Anything else just looks silly to me.
2. Ellery is a boy's name.
3. Alayne is ok but I prefer Elaine or Elena.
4. Cora is lovely.
5. Adelyn is alright but I prefer Adeline.
I think it's the use of seemingly random 'y's that're putting me off most of your names. Of all of your names, Cora is my favourite.~Boys~
★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Magnus ★ Vasiliy ★
★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★
Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.
January 24th, 2013 02:50 PM #9
Catelyn: It's dated to me. Most popular girl name of the 90's and my MN, albeit spelled differently. Catharine, maybe?
Ellery: This one just isn't my style and sounds like celery. lol Maybe you'd like Cecily? I know two of them, so I consider it relatively known.
Alayne: I agree with your hubby. I've never liked this name or any variant. Alayna, Elaine, etc. Suggestions: Elise, Louise, Emmaline.
Cora: It's okay. How about Coraline, Caroline, or Kara (CARE-uh)?
Adelyn: Toooo trendy for my tastes. I've known too many born in the past two years. Adelaide, Adelle, or Allison would be my suggestions.Crushes: Casper & Isobel.