Results 1 to 5 of 14
January 24th, 2013 01:52 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Help with baby girl name - Catelyn?
Hi, my husband and I are trying to name our daughter, due in two weeks (down to the wire!). Older sibling's name is Kasey. So far, I like the following:
3. Alayne (husband hates)
4. Cora (husband hates)
Any other ideas? I like more traditional names (ones people have heard of before) but not in the top 50 names (everyone has a Lilly, Olivia, Madison, etc.). Has to be two or three syllables.
January 24th, 2013 02:23 PM #3
1. Catelyn - I have always liked Catelyn/Caitlin etc, but it is quite popular. Maybe Kate, Katya, Carissa, Carys, Cassia?
2. Ellery - Ellery reminds me of celery. Sorry, nms. Maybe Eliza, Eliana, Elodie, Eloise?
3. Alayne (husband hates) - I prefer Alaina personally. How about Elena, Elaine, Helena, Milena?
4. Cora (husband hates) - Corinna, Corinne, Coral, Caroline, Coraline?
5. Adelyn - Adelaide, Abigail, Adele, Aislinn?
Also Celina, Rowan, Avery, Bailey, Tatum?
January 24th, 2013 02:28 PM #5
January 24th, 2013 02:48 PM #7
1. Caitlin is the correct spelling. Anything else just looks silly to me.
2. Ellery is a boy's name.
3. Alayne is ok but I prefer Elaine or Elena.
4. Cora is lovely.
5. Adelyn is alright but I prefer Adeline.
I think it's the use of seemingly random 'y's that're putting me off most of your names. Of all of your names, Cora is my favourite.~Boys~
Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.
Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.
Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.
January 24th, 2013 02:50 PM #9
Catelyn: It's dated to me. Most popular girl name of the 90's and my MN, albeit spelled differently. Catharine, maybe?
Ellery: This one just isn't my style and sounds like celery. lol Maybe you'd like Cecily? I know two of them, so I consider it relatively known.
Alayne: I agree with your hubby. I've never liked this name or any variant. Alayna, Elaine, etc. Suggestions: Elise, Louise, Emmaline.
Cora: It's okay. How about Coraline, Caroline, or Kara (CARE-uh)?
Adelyn: Toooo trendy for my tastes. I've known too many born in the past two years. Adelaide, Adelle, or Allison would be my suggestions.Crushes: Casper & Isobel.