Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sister for Sydney Kaydence?

I just wanted to see the response to the name Kelsey Mackayle (pronounced Ma-KALE) as a sister to Sydney Kaydence. My cousin Cale died at 16 and once I saw Mackayle I fell in love with it.
    Also I think I have naming OCD, so I love the fact that both Sydney and Kelsey have 6 letters, 2 syllables, 3 vowels and 3 consonants. Same thing with the mn's, 8 letters, 2 syllables, 4 vowels, 4 consonants. Both mn's I added an extra letter to because I like an even number of letters! So Kaydence instead of Kadence and Mackayle instead of Macayle. I don't mind having the names with different spellings in the middle since most people wont have to spell them.
    I know I'm a little crazy but what do you all think??
    I'm open to more suggestions for the middle name, but it would have to fit with my OCD, 8 letters, 2 syllables, 4 vowels and 4 consonants!!

My honest opinion is that I don't really like it very much. Kelsey is a nice name, but it feels a bit dated to me (I went to high school with a lot of Kelsey's) and Mackayle just looks made up and has too many letters. Sorry
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Meara, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Samuel

I dislike it immensely. It looks dated and trendy.

Thanks for the replies. It's pretty much been decided that her name is going to be Kelsey, it's just the middle name that is undecided.

I think Kelsey is pretty and goes well with Sydney. I'd never heard of Mackayle (or Macayle) before, but it seems like a lovely way to honour your cousin.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova