Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Opinions of these two names.

I'm still favouring Rin as a name - but somehow it just 'feels' incomplete as a name. it feels more like a nn than a name!

So, how do you feel about these two I just found:

Amarin - pronounced Ah-ma-rin - It means 'Rain'.

Mirrin - pronounced Mir-rin - It means "cloud". Slight concern here, our last name is Miller, does Mirrin Miller work against each other? Or is it 'ok' as she will have a mn?

(meaning according to website I found them on)

I'm not entirely clear on the pronunciation of either name. Are the first syllables of both names stressed? Is the first A in Amarin pronounced like beginning of Amsterdam or more like the beginning of August? Is Mirrin more like MEER-in or MUR-in? If I heard these names aloud, they would likely grow on me. I love the look of Amarin. Mirrin Miller does clash to me; while I'm not clear on the sound, it just doesn't look the best written out. Other Rin-type names you may like are Bryn, Wren, and Marin.

I don't like Bryn, Wren or Marin. =) Wren doesn't sound like Rin at all either (I pronounce it Ren).

Mir is pronounced more as Minnie with an r and Amarin is pronounced like Amalie or Amelie (albeit with a in second place).

So it's MI-rin and AMA-rin.

Sorry, I'm not native English speaker so to be those pronunciations made sense.

I prefer Amarin. It's a tad made up sounding but I know an Amara and several Maren's and it does have a similar feel to Amelie so I think you can get away with it.

Amarin Miller is 100 times better than Mirrin Miller
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Well, apparently both names are aboriginal! atleast that's what the website where I found them says