Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Bleeding at 29 weeks...help!

This is my first pregnancy, I'm 21, and 29 weeks pregnant. About an hour ago I noticed that I was spotting and it's gotten a little heavier since. I'm really nervous since its my first baby, and I don't know whether its totally normal or if I should be going to the hospital.

Adair

You should absolutely call your OB and ask their opinion. Describe your symptoms (any abdominal pain? cramping? contractions? Amount of blood? Do you have any concerns re: your placenta and its position?) and let her opinion guide whether or not to go to L&D triage. Don't muck around posting on the internet for such a potentially important problem!
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq

Thank you. I did end up calling my doctor and I went in to the hospital, they checked me in, i spent the night, and today I am having an ultrasound to determine if I have possible placenta previa. They gave me two shots for the baby's lungs in case this is a sign of premature labor.

Good luck, Adair!
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Claire Cecilia, Serena (Seri), Audrey, Rose, Naomi, Maisie, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea
    Thomas, Paul, Henry, Miles, Arthur, Samuel, Seth

DH's "approved" list:
    Claire, Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

Quote Originally Posted by adair78 View Post
    Thank you. I did end up calling my doctor and I went in to the hospital, they checked me in, i spent the night, and today I am having an ultrasound to determine if I have possible placenta previa. They gave me two shots for the baby's lungs in case this is a sign of premature labor.
    You absolutely did the right thing. Good luck and I hope you hang on to your babe a little longer.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq