Names Searched Right Now:
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by characternamer View Post
    I really liked Blythe but thought it was blith (short I sound) instead of bl-eye-the.
    I recently had this exact same experience with Blythe! I'm still getting used to it. It's a nice name, but I definitely don't like it as much anymore.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

The Kassia I know also says Cass-ee-ah

Quote Originally Posted by kellbell23 View Post
    On the same note, we had a German exchange student in high school named Lena. I pronounced her name as "LEE-na", but she said that none of us were pronouncing it right. When she said her name, it still sounded like LEE-na. Maybe a someone who speaks German can shed some light?
    Lena is LE-nah. Short e
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Celia. I thought it was sell-ee-yuh.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

I spent years saying Aloysius how it looks, uh-LOY-see-us, only to take it off my list when I discovered it was pronounced AL-oh-WISH-iss.
    Mama to Isolde (Feb 2012) & Poet (Aug 2013)
    Crushes:
    Argo Arrow Astrophel Aura Beau Chocolat Cocoa Coraline Dandelion Dodger Doe Dragonsong Echo Eve Fable Fifer Hawkeye Indigo Ivan Kingsmark Luck Madrigal Mercury Minerva Oz Penna Poem Raspberry Sapphire Sonnet Story Theodelinda Tundra Wolfgang

names and stories and such