Names Searched Right Now:
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by characternamer View Post
    I really liked Blythe but thought it was blith (short I sound) instead of bl-eye-the.
    I recently had this exact same experience with Blythe! I'm still getting used to it. It's a nice name, but I definitely don't like it as much anymore.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

The Kassia I know also says Cass-ee-ah

Quote Originally Posted by kellbell23 View Post
    On the same note, we had a German exchange student in high school named Lena. I pronounced her name as "LEE-na", but she said that none of us were pronouncing it right. When she said her name, it still sounded like LEE-na. Maybe a someone who speaks German can shed some light?
    Lena is LE-nah. Short e
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Celia. I thought it was sell-ee-yuh.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

I spent years saying Aloysius how it looks, uh-LOY-see-us, only to take it off my list when I discovered it was pronounced AL-oh-WISH-iss.
    Mama to Isolde (Feb 2012) & Poet (Aug 2013)
    Crushes:
    Absalom Aslan Aura Beau Chrysanthemum Cocoa Coraline Crow Dandelion Dodger Dragonsong Echo El-ahrairah Fable Hawkeye Hedwig Ivan Kingsmark Ksenia Madrigal Mercury Oz Penna Poem Raspberry Sapphire Snow Sweetbriar Tundra Wit

names and stories and such