Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    For some reason I was pronouncing Aurelia like Aw-re-ell-yuh, with an extra "i" in there. I really liked that pronunciation.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    I think I'm going to have to dig out and watch my Love Actually DVD tonight! :')
    Yay! It's so lovely, isn't it? Makes me happy to be British

@bethlow, I'm glad I'm not the only one with Aisling issues. I think we should start a petition to have the pronunciation changed.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

My solution when this happens to me is to change the spelling so it IS the pronunciation I like. Ha.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I love that movie!!

I always pronounce Emilia as ema-leah instead of eh-mil-ia because I know a girl named Amelia and I don't care for her, so I hate that pronunciation. And i'm a little bias since my name is Emily and I like it better

And I won't rant about it again cause I have been all over nameberry but I'd like to just tell everyone who even thinks of using the name Linnea not to unless they have a swedish connection so they can actually hear how it's supposed to be pronounced because American's are butchering it so badly.
    Last edited by mnmemily15; April 28th, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

I never understood why so many people liked the name Declan until I realized I was pronouncing it wrong. I was pronouncing it "dee-CLAN" instead of "DECK-lin". I also though Ewan was pronounced "EE-win" until just a few days ago. Now I know it's pronounced "YOO-in". I thought Siobhan was "SE-oh-bahn" for a while. I mispronounced SO MANY Irish names. Now that I know how some of them are pronounced, I can usually figure out the correct way to pronounce ones I've never seen/heard before. Nameberry is a life-saver. lol There are still a few names I can't quite pronounce, and NB doesn't have the answer. Lorelei is one of them.
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.