Names Searched Right Now:
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Calliope. I always thought it was Callie-oh-pee. Then I heard it pronounced Ca-lye-oh-pee on Grey's Anatomy and it completely ruined it for me.
    Cassia and Cassius will never be pronounced with 'Cash' in them by me. I don't like it one bit. It's more that I loved them the 'Cassie' way so so much that I can't bear to hear it any other way.

@ottilie I was the same with Aisling, I was so disappointed when I found out the proper pronunciation. Another name I used to get wrong was Isla (now it's a personal favourite) I thought it was eyez-la until my sister told me.
    I also knew a girl named Aoife and everyone called her eye-oh-ffee (as a joke but the nn caught on) but I thought it was her real name...oops!
    Last edited by bethlow; April 28th, 2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    "Bonita oww-RAY-lee-a!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Just reading that quote makes me tear up. One of my absolute favourite movies.
    I think I'm going to have to dig out and watch my Love Actually DVD tonight! :')
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Love Actually is so wonderful!

I pronounced Chloe as Chill-oh! Hahaha, and Penelope as Pen-elope. I think these things happen when you read names before you hear them.
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

I thought Rowena has a soft "e" - like Ro-when-ah, not Ro-een-ah. I like it better my way
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13