Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    ...and thus, Amanda learned that she had been pronouncing Cassia wrong. Hmph. I like it better as CASS-ee-uh!

Anyway, I absolutely fell in love with the name Marlene, but I pronounced it as mar-LEEN. I posted a thread about it to share my love, only to get multiple replies from people telling me it was actually something like mar-LAY-nuh. Aha. I was so disappointed! Personally, I think I could get away with the mar-LEEN pronunciation...but I'm not sure!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I spent years hating Persephone because I thought it was pronounced "Percy-phone".

I also thought Penelope was "Penn-elle-lope" rather than "Pen-nell-oh-pee".

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Ivy, Maya, Rosabel, Victoria, Alice, Molly, Juliet, Annabel, Sofia.
    Charlie, Arthur, William, Isaac, Noah, Finn, Vincent, Alexander, Zachary, Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkballerina View Post
    I'm embarrassed to admit that I spent years hating Persephone because I thought it was pronounced "Percy-phone".

I also thought Penelope was "Penn-elle-lope" rather than "Pen-nell-oh-pee".
    LOL! I'm totally with you! I disliked both until I found out their correct pronunciations. Same with Chloe (I thought it was Shlow).
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor heaven "lena" ~ vivienne ailsa ~ felicity emma "fay" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Quote Originally Posted by anton_yelchin_fan View Post
    Saoirse. I orginally thought it was pronounced "Soar-sha". Then I found out it's actually pronounced "Seer-sha".
    It can be pronounced either way. I know one girl who pronounces it soar-sha and another who pronounce her name seer-sha. The actress Saoirse Ronan pronounces her name Sir-sha.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    "Bonita oww-RAY-lee-a!"
    Just reading that quote makes me tear up. One of my absolute favourite movies.

Mine is Aisling. I thought it was said like it was spelled (ayes-ling) and I thought it was beautiful. Finding out it was pronounced ASH-leen/ling was such a disappointment. Still sad about that one actually.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014