Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    I also just assumed Rosalie was prounces like that, "Rosa-lie". No, its "Rosa-lee". I've fallen in love with my pronunciation. I hope of I ever do get to use Rosalie, I can still be able to prounce it that way (probably not, too much of a pain in the a$$).
    And my SO loved the pronunciation of "MEE-cah" from Paranormal Activity. When he found out it was actually "MY-cah", he still liked it, just not as much.
    Teenberry. INFP. Ravenclaw. Passions: art, theatre, music, psychology, yoga, meditation, naming, and reading.
    (Changing my name to Zoie Willow.)

For a future...
    Ever-so Darling Daughter:
    Opal Eleanor ~ Lavender Elaine ~ Harmony Ophelia Maude ~ Poet Aurelia Charlotte

Splendid Son:
    Sebastian River - Hugo William Alistair - Hawthorne Timothy Lewis - Rivers Cornelius Henry

Hey, I'm from Germany and I think MAD-chen comes pretty close to the German pronounciation of of Madchen (I'm guessing you're referring to the German word Mädchen meaning 'girl'?) I'm actually not sure how to say MAY-chee-yen. I'm from the south of Germany and our pronounciation is quite similar to the one you prefer.

I really want Thalia to be pronounced like Talia, because I love the spelling. I thought it was for a long time, but it's THAY-lee-uh.

I am sure there are plenty of Talias out there spelled Thalia, but I can't do it on principle now!

Quote Originally Posted by jo1654 View Post
    Samaire.. i love SA-mare! but not pronounced as sa-MEER-ah
    I am with you on that one! I always thought it was lovely as Sa-mare, Sa-MEER-ah not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by anton_yelchin_fan View Post
    Saoirse. I orginally thought it was pronounced "Soar-sha". Then I found out it's actually pronounced "Seer-sha".
    I used to think Saoirse was pronounced Say-yor-see, or something like that. I loved it. The actual pronunciation is still lovely, but it lost it's pizzazz to me.